CHURCH PROFILE: Wynyard Baptist Church
Loving the Wynyard Community
God is Good all the Time
At Wynyard Baptist Church
By Pastor Owen Muskett
There is so much to celebrate at Wynyard Baptist Church!
As we head towards 120 years of serving our community, we look forward to how we as a body of believers can have a deeper relationship with Christ and a long-lasting impact into the lives of those who live in our community.
So often, the challenge to change can be disconcerting. However, WBC has embraced positive change through shared vision and ownership of that vision by all who attend the church.
There aren’t too many churches who haven’t had some heartache along the way, and we are no different. However, we also accept that God is bigger than any self-interest that creeps into churches. When we accept this and enable healing, over time God’s will and purpose always, like cream, rise to the top!
[All photos are captioned clockwise from top left]
Making a difference
At Wynyard Baptist Church we strive to live out the Tasmanian Baptists’ vision. This has resulted in a deep desire to make a difference in so many lives across our community.
Tasmanian Baptists’ Vision:
We envisage a Tasmania infused with the salt and light of the kingdom of God.
Our contribution to seeing the vision realised is through facilitating and developing innovative, diverse and transformative member churches and faith communities living out the Gospel.
- Sundays Sunday School, Celebration Service, and Prayer for Revival
- Mondays ROC Community Food Hub
- Tuesdays Walking Group, ROC Community Food Hub at Somerset
- Wednesdays Wednesday Get Together, Blokes Study
- Thursdays Chat n Choose, Care Groups
- Fridays ROC Community Food Hub
- Saturdays ROC Community Food Hub at Somerset
- There are other care groups as well during the week!
We have so many activities
This year we celebrate 30 years of Chat ‘n’ Choose with some of the original leaders and ladies still here, and regularly attending.
Other activities that reach into our community include:
Just Blokes Pizza Nights; Just Girls; Yearly Harvest Dinner and Auction; Good Friday Combined Churches Service in Gutteridge Gardens; RSL Chaplaincy; Carols in the Gardens and Christmas Day Lunch.
God is good!
As Senior Pastor I have strived to engage and encourage this church to be bigger than the individual, and to believe that God is good all the time. His provision of opportunity has been at times overwhelming. However, there is a deep belief God is at work and allowing us the privilege of serving Him. For His glory and for His honour!
I was called to WBC almost 10 years ago. As a part of that journey I knew we would eventually need others to help in the growing ministry. As a church we are so blessed to have Franz (and Heidi) come alongside Dawn and myself as we minister the Gospel of Christ together.
I’m very grateful for the inspiration of my Dad, George, who finished this race and was promoted to glory earlier in 2023.
My prayer is that we would live out our calling and do the works of the Father for his sake and His Glory!
Pastor, Wynyard Baptist Church
READ RECENT CHURCH PROFILES
- Day of Courage en-courages by Fiona Bradley
- Around the Churches October-November 2023
- Tasmanian Baptist Council Featuring new council members 2022-23
- October Assembly Report by Alan Firth
- Converge23 Australian Baptists in Canberra, by Ps Anthea Maynard
- Ministry Profile Anna-Maree Richardson, Assistant Administrator
- The Scandal and the Wonder of Baptism by Andrew Turner, Crossover
- Our New College! Announcement from the Tasmanian Baptist Council
- What do we do with the Past? Theology & Culture by Rev Dr Megan Powell du Toit
- October NEWS | November NEWS | December NEWS