HEARTLANDS is the quarterly email for EmpowHer – a network of Tasmanian women growing and encouraging each other in their God-given potential.
Check the details on these events by scrolling down.
Have you subscribed to Heartlands to find out about events in your region?
- Fri/Sat 24/25 June SOUTH Shelter Retreat – read the overview!
- Sunday 31st July NORTH Cosy Cuppa, Chat & Craft at Westbury Baptist
- Saturday 17th September NORTHWEST Coffee and Walk, Latrobe
- Late Oct/Early Nov World Women’s Day Of Prayer – events across the state
OVERVIEW: SHELTER Retreat
FRI/SAT 24-25 June 2022, Blackmans Bay
How the Shelter retreat weekend unfolded
OUR THEME: SHELTER …
Everyone needs it. God provides it. We sleep, eat and live in it.
But how do you live in the SHELTER of the Most High God?
“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most HighPsalm 91:1
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”
Overview of the SHELTER Retreat
- The retreat was led by Denise Stephenson (LifeWay) and Jenny Baxter (Hobart)
- A rejuvenating literal Sabbath, from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday
- Delicious home-cooked meals, in an intimate setting
- Great connection with old and new friends
- Amazing harp music – live and in-person!
- Times of input, plus silence and reflection
- Creative activities to keep minds focussed, and hands busy
- A trip to the beach to explore and reflect
- Private counselling and prayer opportunities
- A real sense of God’s SHELTER in this busy world
Denise and Jenny are available to run similar women’s retreats in other parts of Tasmania.To express interest please contact Jenny at email@example.com
What’s Coming Up?
Pig Island Walk, Latrobe
10:30am Saturday 17th September
Invite Others! Download Brochure
Join a friendly leisurely walk at Pig Island Latrobe on the Mersey River.
Continue with coffee at at Monclair of Latrobe and Madame M Cafe.
All women welcome!
RSVP or MORE INFO:Gabrielle – 0421 434 138
International Women’s Day of Prayer
Late October/Early November 2022
This year there will be Day of Prayer events held in the north, northwest and south of Tasmnia as we pray toether and raise funds for Baptist women working on some amazing projects in developing countries.
Subscribe to HEARTLANDS to find out details of these events as they come to hand!
Cosy Cuppa, Chat & Craft
Northern Event – NOW OVER!
2:30PM, SUNday 31st JULY 2022
Invite Others! Download brochure
Come along for a cuppa and craft at Westbury Baptist for a relaxed afternoon together.
We will be joined by special guests Maria Hutchison (Newstead) and Lacey Holloway (Westbury).
RSVP or MORE INFO:Jenna – 0488 330 390; Belinda – 0408 267 188 | Or via our Facebook group: EmpowHer (North)
Action for You
Invite someone along
Have you noticed that not everyone is back yet?
Post-Covid hesitancy is a thing. Maybe it’s because people are reluctant to move out of their houses and safe spaces. Or maybe we got used to managing on our own.
Whatever the reason, it’s true to say we all need each other. Being part of a community is critical to good mental and emotional health.
Whether or not you are wary about getting back into circulation, why not ask a friend to come with you? That could be as simple as going for a walk together on the beach, grabbing a coffee at a local café, or heading off to the gym or church together.
Or maybe you could invite someone to one of the EmpowHer events lined up in your region.
It’s a good time to be the blessing!
It’s so easy to think up your own answer to a problem. Instead, remember to listen for God’s still, quiet voice.
By Jenny Baxter
Too many people and not enough food!
How many times have you been caught in that situation? I have to admit, I’ve been there a few times. Tiny servings of apple crumble, and thinned-down pumpkin soup have featured on my table, much to my horror.
To find out about EmpowHer events and activities for women in Tasmania, please subscribe to HEARTLANDS!