At home, online, in groups, at church, with other denominations
NOVEMBER is a big prayer season, not just in Tasmania but across the nation and globally. There are many ways to participate.
Perhaps you could choose one or two of these prayer events that best suits you.
1. BAPTIST WOMEN’S WORLD DAY OF PRAYER
State-wide events during first week of November
Pray and raise funds for Baptist women around the world who are working on many projects to help disadvantaged communities. Funds for Frog farming (Thailand); Lighters of Hope in Darkness (mental health support, Philippines); Educational Library (Cameroon).
PRAY IN THE North and Northwest
PRAY IN THE South
7:30-8:30pm Friday 5th Nov Dessert and coffee evening. Come and see the new Soundy Lounge, Hobart Baptist Church 284 Elizabeth St Hobart. RSVP 1st Nov: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. TASMANIA CELEBRATION 2022
Hobart 20-22 May 2022 | Launceston 27-29 May 2022
In May 2022, Will Graham will visit for the Tasmania Celebration. keep reading for the many prayer events already taking place to prepare the church and people of Tasmania.
Find out More Tasmania Celebration >>>
Preparation Prayer Events for the Tasmania Celebration
- Gateway Baptist Church hosts weekly prayer meetings for Tasmania Celebration.
7am every Thursday morning. 22 Wellington St Launceston
- Launceston Prayer Walks in City Park.
10am every Thursday. 45-55 Tamar St Launceston
Time of prayer and breakfast!
Hosted by Ps Dave Morse and the Executive Leadership Team Co-chairs Ps Matt Sharples and Rev Pete Adlem you will hear how the Tasmania Celebration is not just a single event next year but a series of collaborative events designed to increase our prayer activity as a collective church; equip local believers through the intensive Christian Life & Witness Classes; increase our effectiveness for Christ through new outreach initiatives and offer opportunities to get involved.
- 7-8.30 am Wednesday 27th October | Your Church, 29 Charles St Moonah
RSVP HERE for the breakfast for catering purposes.
- Generally, these times of prayer are at 7.30am on the last Wednesday of each month for coffee, however next month it will be a gathering on Wednesday 17th November
Tasmania Celebration Launch, 19th/20th November 2021
An invitation to the launch of Tasmania Celebration 2022 with Will Graham, to gather, prepare and pray for the events next year.
- Hobart Launch event: 7-8:30pm Fri 19th November, C3 Convention Centre.
- Launceston Launch event: 7-8:30pm Sat 20th November, Door of Hope Conference Centre.
Find out more tasmaniacelebration.org.au
3. TASMANIAN PARLIAMENTARY PRAYER BREAKFAST, 24th NOVEMBER
6:45am Wednesday 24th November 2021
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart. Guest speaker Patrick Parkinson.
Find out more and Register: https://tasmanianprayerbreakfast.com
The Tasmanian Parliamentary Prayer Breakfast brings together like-minded people from across Tasmania to pray for our State, our leaders, parliamentarians, businesses, schools, communities, and community organisations; our families, youth, and children. In the name of Jesus, we ask God to grant us the will and wisdom, the creativity and strength we need to care well for each other and to see Tasmania flourish in every dimension. Join us for this special moment of unity and humility.
Guest Speaker, Prof. Patrick Parkinson
Professor at the TC Beirne School of Law, Patrick Parkinson is a specialist in family law, child protection, law and religion, and the law of equity and trusts.
Professor Parkinson served as Chairperson of the Family Law Council, an advisory body to the federal Attorney-General, and chaired a review of the Child Support Scheme in 2004 which resulted in major changes.
Nationwide – Online
4. MOVEMENT-WIDE PRAYER GATHERING, 3 NOVEMBER
- Australian Baptist Ministries invite you to join in a nationwide prayer gathering via Zoom at 7:45-8:30pm Wednesday 3rd November. Register here: bit.ly/ABMpraywithus
5. INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE PERSECUTED CHURCH, 7 NOVEMBER
- Pray with persecuted Christians suffering for their faith.
Your church can unite in prayer for the persecuted church, with Open Doors. Please take a moment during your service to pray for the persecuted church on 7 November. Find out more and
SIGN UP Open doors Prayer Event >>>