Pastors' and Familes Muster 2020: Session Format
Each topic will be introduced by a pastor, or member of the MLT, who has prepared a 15-20 minute framing statement.
This will be followed by a facilitated discussion with a designated note-taker capturing key points, questions, agreement and areas for further work.
We will end with a wrap-up by the 'introducer.'
There will be the option to explore the topic further after lunch on the Tuesday and Wednesday if we elect to do so.
We will agree to abide by a few guiding principles:
- "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone" Romans 12:18. And "Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets" Luke 6:26.
- Begin with a working definition of terms
- Listen respectfully, without interrupting
- Listen actively and with an ear to understanding others' views (don't just think about what you are going to say while someone else is talking)
- Criticise ideas, not individuals
- Commit to learning, not debating
- Comment in order to share information, not to persuade
- Avoid blame, speculation, and inflammatory language
- Allow everyone the chance to speak
- Avoid assumptions about others or generalisations about social groups. Do not ask individuals to speak for their (perceived) social group