Call to Prayer for Myanmar
Urgent Call for Prayer
Pray for Myanmar at 7:14am and 7:14pm,
Heads Up! There are many Karen Baptist ex-refugees from Myanmar living here in Tasmania. Please remember them also, as they have loved ones who are impacted by the unrest.
It is now almost 23 days since we began our campaign of standing with Myanmar and 74 days since the people of Myanmar began their protest. We have seen harsher and harsher measures being brought against the people of Myanmar in an attempt to crush the defiance of the military rule by the people. This only reflects the increasing frustration and helplessness that the Junta is beginning to feel against the amazing unity and resilience been shown by the people - both as collectives and individuals - regardless of risk to life and limb. The creative genius of the people of Myanmar in the face of such an onslaught of physical oppression against non-violent protest is a model to the world of their determination and courage, in their desire for democracy and freedom.
We would request that you #standwithmyanmar and join your hearts in raising your prayers on behalf of this nation. It was Martin Luther King that said, "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." We ask that even as the people of Myanmar continue to come forth with light to dispel this darkness, and with love instead to melt the hate levelled against them, that we join together in that prayer for peace and democracy in Myanmar.
The cry of our heart
- Pray for renewed hope, courage and resilience amongst the people to continue to stand against injustice and for democracy.
- Pray that this time, perhaps one of the most darkest periods that will be written in their recent history will be brought to a swift end
- Pray for sense to prevail among cadres in military to realise the violence they are committing against their own people.
- Pray that the military leadership will be restrained from their violence and bloodlust.
- Pray for a cessation of violence against unarmed, innocent civilians and for willingness to dialogue and humility to change.
- Pray for a return to democracy and the release of the elected representatives of govt now in custody as political prisoners.
- Pray for ability to provide humanitarian assistance to those affected inside Myanmar and on its borders.
- Pray that LIGHT, PEACE and FREEDOM may dawn once again on Myanmar.
Pray for Myanmar
Let's recall the words of the prophet in 2 Chronicles 7:14:
"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (NIV)
DOWNLOAD Pray for Myanmar >>>
Stand with Myanmar
And also let's remember Anne Frank who said:
Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.
DOWNLOAD #standwithmyanmar >>>
We ask that you light a candle for Myanmar and set aside 7:14am and 7:14pm as focused moments to pray these prayers on behalf of Myanmar.
Join us also for a concerted show of support for Myanmar for Red Ribbon week, April 30th to May 2nd..
KEEP READING THE MARCH/APRIL 2021 ADVANCE | step by step