May Assembly for Tasmanian Baptists
IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE OUR NEXT ASSEMBLY
We were to have met as a Union on Friday/Saturday May 8-9.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, and the restrictions placed on us by government authorities, we cannot meet in-person, as normal.
Secretaries have been informed of the process, outlined below.
This process allows for us to attend to the minimum necessary to enable the Union to function.
The proposed is a departure from our constitutional procedure. So the decisions made, and the process used, will be ratified at the next "normal" assembly, hopefully in October.
NOTICE OF MEETING VIA EMAIL
- The next Assembly of the Baptist Union of Tasmania will be held via mail and email during the week ending Saturday, 9 May 2019.
- Churches are requested to nominate delegates for the Assembly. Registered Pastors as listed in the 2020 Handbook are also eligible to vote.
- The papers were circulated on April 3 to allow churches to ask questions and request additional information by April 24.
- Any answers or additional information will then be circulated by May 1, together with voting forms for the motions to be put to the meeting.
- Voting forms should be mailed/emailed back to the office no later than May 8.
|April 3||Papers circulated|
|April 24||Questions or requests for additional information to Rodney|
|April 24||Nominated church delegates to Rodney|
|April 24||Pastors who will participate to Rodney|
|May 1||Responses to questions and additional information circulated|
|May 1||Voting forms circulated|
|May 8||Return of voting forms|